What Is Vehophobia?
Do you know someone who has a crippling fear of driving? Or maybe you’re that person who freezes up behind the wheel.
It’s not surprising considering the staggering number of automobile collisions that take place every year—upwards of 5 million in the US alone!
For more information about safety on the road, check out our article.
A severe fear of driving is a real ailment for people—so real, in fact, that it’s been given a name: vehophobia.
Vehophobia can be triggered by congested traffic, aggressive drivers, and poor weather conditions—or by nothing other than the mere act of driving.
The symptoms of vehophobia include trembling, sweating, increased heart rate, loss of sense of reality, and thoughts of losing control while driving. These symptoms can show up even in situations that appear reasonably safe.
This fear can be the result of past trauma or a manifestation of anxiety or even OCD.
Vehophobia might even be the reason you are still secretly delaying acquiring your driver’s license or coming up with excuses not to drive your new, beautiful car.
Is vehophobia negatively impacting your life or the life of someone you love?
Luckily, there are options that actually save you money, create safer roads, and contribute to a healthier environment—all while alleviating your driving fears.
Why Ride Sharing?
- Accessibility: With a large network of highly-professional drivers, Global Sedan is a reliable option for easy accessibility.
- Easy Booking: Your mobile phone is all you need to book a ride.
- Time Savings and Management: At Global Sedan, your deadlines and timeline are of the utmost importance to us. We fight traffic and optimize routes so you can focus on your to-do list.
- Monetary Savings: Say goodbye to routine car maintenance! Review the breakdown of the monthly cost comparison of ride-sharing vs. owning a vehicle here.
- Safety: With our high standards for drivers and comprehensive training, you can feel valued and safe in our care.
- Easy Pickup: With our app, Global Sedan automatically pinpoints your location when you search for a ride, guaranteeing a safe and easy pickup.
Studies show that users prefer ride-sharing services, such as Global Sedan, over taxis due to superior convenience, accessibility, and price.
Don’t let vehophobia keep you from living your life. Evaluate your choices, weigh the pros and cons, and make an informed decision.