Creating a Global Sedan Account
You can create an account on our website using your computer or on your phone using the app. To use Global Sedan on your mobile device, download the app first from the Google PlayStore or Apple Store. Once installed, tap the icon on your phone to launch it.
Getting the app
To use Global Sedan, you’ll need a smartphone and the free Global Sedan app. See more about each below.
Global Sedan requires that you use either an iPhone or Android-based smartphone. Since the app requires a cellular connection, we do not support tablets or wifi-only devices (e.g. iPod Touch).
Global Sedan is available for iPhone 4S or newer running iOS 8.0+ and Android devices running 4.0+. The app works with all major cell carriers in the US (e.g., Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T) and most minor carriers (e.g., Virgin Wireless, Metro PCS, Cricket Wireless). The app only works with select VoIP carriers, such as Google Voice. Other services may not be supported, so make sure to use the phone number associated with your cell phone.
Currently, we do not support or plan to support the Windows Phone operating system.
How to Install the Global Sedan App
Go to your local app store from your phone: the iOS App Store for iPhones or Google Play Store for Androids.
Download and install the free Global Sedan app.
Try to contain your excitement; you’re almost ready for your first Global Sedan ride!
Signing up for a Global Sedan account
Creating a Global Sedan account is easy! You can connect to the app with Facebook or your phone number. If you connect with Facebook, we use your Facebook name, picture, and email. If you connect with your phone number, you enter that info manually.
Age requirement: To create a Global Sedan account, request a ride, or have a ride requested for you, you must be at least 18 years old. A passenger can be any age as long as they’re accompanied by an adult.
Connecting with Facebook
- First, make sure you’re signed into the correct Facebook account on your device.
- Android: Check your Facebook app or web browser.
- iPhone: Check Facebook under Phone Settings as well as your web browser or Facebook app.
The Global Sedan app should automatically link to your Facebook, so you’ll see your smiling face in your profile picture in the Global Sedan app. The first name you have on your Facebook will be the name we use, and the email address used to create your Facebook profile will be the one in our system (where we’ll send your ride receipts).
Connecting with your phone number
- Type in the phone number for the mobile device you’re using.
- We want to make sure you’re human! You’ll be asked to verify your phone number by entering a code which will be sent via text message. The text message should arrive immediately, but if you don’t receive it you can select the option to “resend code.”
- Type in your name, email address, and upload a photo or take a selfie so your driver can see who they’ll be picking up.
Once your account is set up, you’ll be able to request a ride.